Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Blessing and A Homecoming

We had Alyssa blessed today! At first she was going to wear Maddie's blessing dress, which happens to be the same dress I wore when I was blessed. Cody suggested that all of our girls wear my dress and then when all finished with having kids, we cut up the dress and make blankets for the grandgirls. I shuttered everytime I thought of cutting up my blessing dress! I mentioned this to Cody's mom and she offered to buy Alyssa's blessing dress that I had found at the Distribution Center. A beautiful dress for EXTREMELY cheap! Here are a couple pictures of her in her dress.

Sucking her fist as usual. I love the bead work and design on this!

Here's a bigger picture. The bead work on the lower part of her dress is flowers! Very pretty! I never wanted to take this dress off of her, but she was spitting up all over it. PLUS, she's VERY slippery in it.


Alyssa playing with Cody's goetee(sp?). It was just too cute to NOT get a picture of!

Today was also Riley's homecoming talk. He did a wonderful job (from what I heard in between feeding Alyssa and taking Maddie to the bathroom)! It's amazing how 2 years on a mission can really mature a person! He's still the same Riley, but he's also different, but a good different. I can't explain it. Anyways, it was all in all a great day! After church, we went to my in-laws to have brunch with everyone that came! It was very special to share this day with my family and friends! I'm very lucky to have some wonderful friends who do SO much for me and my little family! I don't have pictures of Riley on the day he came home yet, but when I get them, I will definitely make a blog for it!

Maddie has had a bad fever for a couple days too. She actually got over 101 degrees one night! Her whole body was just BURNING up! It was so sad! Alyssa has been starting to act funny too, but we check her temperature and it's normal. What's weird is that she's spitting up a whole lot more now even when I'm watching what I eat. We started putting her on formula, which worked for 2 bottles, but then she started sptting up a ton again! I just don't understand what's going on with her body. I wish I knew so that I could help her get better.

To top it all off, we were in an accident last night (the night before the blessing). We were stopped at the stoplight on SR-73 and Ranches Pkwy. I look in my rear-view mirror and notice this car coming up really fast! She eand up hitting us from behind. It was a huge bang, so we thought there would be a lot of damage. There actually ended up only being some scratches, paint marks, and 2 screw holes. We are in the process of going through her insurance to get things fixed. When this happened, we were worried about Alyssa because she started screaming when we got hit. She didn't stop for 5 minutes until I fed her. She was then happy for another 5 minutes and then started crying again. We figured she was just shooken up from everything, so didn't get her checked out. She ended up being just fine.

This has been a very eventful weekend, let me tell ya!

2 comments:

Amy Beagley said...

I loved Alyssa dress! She was darling!
Tell your girls to wait until December to get sick!

Kelsey M. said...

It was fun finally being able to see her! And I agree about Ry...he did an awesome job, it was a great day. :)