Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Allergic?

I guess I could say that the past 3 1/2 months that Alyssa has been alive, we've been having problems with her holding down food, but she spits up SO much! Well, last week, we started experimenting with formula. We had been using a hypoallergenic formula that was supposed to help with colic and spitting up, but she hated it so much that she would just spit it up anyway. I got some free cans of Enfimil milk based formula that she LOVES!!!!!! What I have been doing is formula feed her during the day and then breastfeed her during the night. At night, since her body is so relaxed, she has no problem keeping food down. She still spits up a little bit, but not as much as before with my breat milk. I had even put myself on a strict diet of NO: dairy, tomato based foods, seasonings, fried foods, peaches, berries, gassy foods, and so forth! STILL, she would spit up everywhere. Cody came to the conclusion that she is just allergic to my breastmilk, so that's where we are at now.
Here we are at Jeanene's house. She's gotten into the cuddling stage which I just LOVE! She wasn't feeling well that day.
While I'm feeding her formula from a bottle, she loves to play with my hands and look into my eyes. I LOVE this bonding time!
Last night was Jeanene's birthday. We had Emmy & Jeanene, Jessica with her son Nico, and Maria (Emmy's sister) & Tayler all at our house to celebrate! Jeanene made her awesome honey enchiladas and fajita rice, Jessica made her awesome pico de gallo, and I made Jeanene's birthday cake (which I am so proud of!). This is a picture of Maria (pregnant with Luca, due middle of November) holding Alyssa. She actually started falling asleep on her. We all thought that she was so comfortable from the huge pillow on her back!

1 comment:

Amy Beagley said...

Look at Alyssa's big ol' tummy sticking out. You have the cutest pot-belly kids.