Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Holiday Treats

I decided, this year, I was going to try making some goodies for the neighbors. I've tried making sugar cookies in the past and they never work out, I don't know! Anyway, Maddie and I took a trip to Logan for a Scentsy party and we snacked on chocolate covered pretzels. I then realized that I wanted to try making them. SO, I bought a bag of pretzels, 3 bags of chocolate chips, 1 bag of white chocolate chips and a box of candy canes.
It took forever to finish these because Maddie HAD to help me! She stirred the chocolate, dumped the pretzels in, and got chocolate ALL over herself! THEN, I would need to take a brake and help with Alyssa or watch a family night movie....so tonight, I FINALLY finished!
I actually started melting the white chocolate, but I didn't turn down the heat soon enough and I ended up buring it. I started drizzling some of the good white chocolate, but it just wasn't working out. I tried thinking of a way to get some white on top and then I thought....WHITE FROSTING! Luckily, I bought more than enough tubs of frosting for Maddie's birthday cakes(which I will post once I get the pictures from my sister-in-law. Our camera decided not to work that night!), so I was able to use white frosting for the rest of the pretzels and, I think, they turned out better and prettier than the ones with white chocolate! Now all I have to do is put them on plates and distribute them to neighbors and friends!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nicole said...

fun! they look good. Making goodies is such a fun thing to do.... esp with little 'helper' hands! :)

Kelsey M. said...

love christmas goodies :) p.s. sorry i haven't gotten the pictures to you yet! i keep spacing it. i'll try do that tonight! :)

The Royal Family said...

nice! I haven't gotten to make any goodies yet! Can't wait to show you the pics I just can't take them until my camera battery is recharged! :)

talk soon,
B