Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Alyssa's GI trip and results

Sorry so late, but here we go! She got weighed in at 17 lbs 8 oz, so she's at the 10% now! FINALLY!!! She's also 26 in long, which is only 13%, I think, so she's pretty short, but that's ok. The dr wants Alyssa to start back on trying baby foods again, since we gave her body a good break to heal and get everything out of it's system. She also wants her to start drinking juices, just to see if she's sensitive to certain fruits and not just sugar. She also wanted her to get a lab work done to see what she's allergic to. So, I took her downstairs to get her poor arm poked at to get some blood drawn. I was totally expecting a horrific experience of baby screaming and holding her down, while ALSO comforting Maddie because her little sister is hurt(she's very protective and loving towards her sister). TOTALLY WRONG!!! There were 2 ladies in the room with us. The nurse, Heather, would draw the blood and another lady was there to try and distract Alyssa with toys. The nurse said, "Okay, 1..2..3...here we go." and she inserted the needle. NOTHING!!! Alyssa didn't even flinch or whine! So, me being totally surprised, I look at the container, filling up with her blood, and Alyssa is still calm and content! After this was done, I looked at the nurse and told her that she was hired by me from now on! She was absolutely amazing!!! We got the results from the lab work a couple days ago. They tested her blood with a bunch of different foods including: milk, soy, potato, rice, egg, wheat, and corn. Everything came back looking good. The only one that showed a little bit was wheat, but that was still too low to be concerned. SO, I don't know if she just grew out of it while everything was going on or what, but she seems to be better! She's still taking zantac for her acid reflux, but we have fed her pears, peaches, fresh peas, bread, crackers, cereal, and juice! OH, and she has also decided that she likes drinking out of sippy cups now. She started stealing Maddie's cups, so I had to go buy more! I'm surprised as to how fast she picked up on sucking out of sippy cups. Usually it takes kids a little while to figure that out, but she was a QUICK learner!

And yet, even after all of the troubles she's gone through, she's still the happiest baby on Earth!

6 comments:

Amy Beagley said...

Those are adorable sandles!!!
Is Alyssa really discovering her tongue lately? You have two pics where she's doing some tongue investigating. :-P

Heather G. said...

I'm glad Alyssa is doing better! I hope my boy isn't allergic to stuff. Since he's been so colicky the dr told us to try some hypoallergenic stuff, but it's sooo expensive, I really want to try the regular stuff before I keep with the expensive! Anyhoo, glad I found your blog! It's great!

Alicia said...

That last picture of her is DARLING!!!

The Royal Family said...

Thanks, You know I make and sell those bows! :) Cute blog!

Gianina said...

Whoops! Missy, I tried to click on the comments and clicked on hate it... instead... PLEASE FORGIVE ME!

Kelsey M. said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! That last picture of her is absolutely adorable. I hope the family is doing well :) I miss you all lots.